Even nowadays SMS messages are still used in machine-to-machine communication, especially in case of emergency as backup communication, or when a single operation needs to be performed swiftly. SMS messages with Teltonika vehicle GPS trackers can be used for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to:
- Control – to initiate engine stop or CAN adapter to open doors.
- Manage – to change the configuration of individual parameters or send a status request.
- Debug – for various maintenance or testing purposes.
- OTA Update – to initiate immediate firmware or configuration update.
- Locate – to instantly get a specific GPS tracker location.
Teltonika Telematics offers FREE and UNLIMITED SMS messages with the Global Connectivity Solution. Yes, you have read right – in all 110 covered countries, all the SMS messages sent from our IoT Platform to Teltonika trackers with our SIM cards from now on are free of charge!
Though considered obsolete, SMS messages are still in use, and, exclusively for Teltonika Telematics customers, at no extra charge. Apart from quick delivery and instant reply, SMS messages:
- Can be sent and delivered everywhere in the world, when any, even extremely low network connectivity exists.
- Are the only communication means, working on every type of network.
- Have high delivery rates, when you need to configure or swiftly update a single device.
Free SMS sending and receiving is done through SIM card management IoT Platform. Simply log in to the IoT Platform via any Internet browser on any device, select the needed SIM card and send SMS to the GPS tracker. The SMS responses from the tracking device are also received to the IoT Platform. This way, it uses no data, there are no limits on SMS messages, and it costs nothing in the 110 countries around the world in the Teltonika network.
Additionally, there is a traditional way to exchange SMS without an IoT Platform. The customer can send an SMS to the GPS tracker from a cellular device. The SMS in this case would cost as much as the network operator charges. To get a response from the GPS tracker, the SMS bundle must be purchased. In this case, the SMS messages are sent and received to a cellular phone, outside of the Teltonika network. However, the number of SMS messages is limited and, unfortunately, comes at a cost.
At Teltonika, we offer a Global Plan with 500 MB for 5 years of connectivity and an unlimited number of free SMS as long as the data plan is not expired. Free SMS messages can be sent and received from Teltonika Global Connectivity Solution SIM cards through the IoT Platform within the Teltonika network. Otherwise, a traditional way to utilise paid SMS bundle exists.
Keep in mind, the complete solution that includes vehicle GPS trackers and their accessories, SIM cards, the SIM card management IoT Platform, and five-star customer support service, is just a phone call away. For further information and additional orders, please contact your Teltonika Telematics Sales Manager.