Delivery service is a business where efficiency is everything. Customers expect their goods to be delivered on time and meeting these expectations is a must if the company wants to make a solid profit. Anything that causes delays should be minimised or eliminated. Facilitated by GPS devices, timely vehicle maintenance can greatly reduce the number of irregularities and, thus, help the business grow.
Keeping the company’s fleet in good condition is vital. Losing several vehicles or even one of them due to unexpected breakdowns can cause considerable losses and complications in scheduled operations. Moreover, using paper to keep the record of the fleet’s scheduled maintenance is cumbersome and time-consuming. The chance of making mistakes cannot be ruled out either what can lead to overdue maintenance, disruptions in business and unforeseen expenses. In the worst-case scenarios, the safety of drivers can also be put at risk.
To avoid maintenance-related headaches and make customers’ life easier, integrators offer a solution to the above-mentioned problems. The process of fleet maintenance can be automated with the help of GPS tracking devices. The larger the fleet the more attractive this solution is for the owner. Tracking maintenance schedules become trouble-free by setting reminders when the vehicles need service based on mileage or other parameters. Information about unexpected faults and problems will also be sent to the owner, so they could be solved fast.
The best choice for the implementation of this solution is an easy-to-install OBD tracker. Data needed for implementation include:
- Odometer/driven distance. Based on the device you select, the data of driven distance will be calculated either using a virtual odometer solution or getting actual odometer data from the onboard computer.
- DTC (diagnostic trouble codes). You will receive information about faults or actual fault codes depending on the possibilities of the onboard computer.
In addition to data used for monitoring fleet management schedules, OBD trackers can provide other useful information, such as fuel level, RPM, throttle position, coolant temperature, engine load, etc.
The functionalities of Bluetooth beacons and sensors are also very relevant in delivery service. Beacons help to ensure the safety of the shipped goods, while sensors measure temperature and humidity making sure the goods are delivered in proper condition. Read more about the use case technicalities here.
- Timely maintenance and service – fleet owners can be sure that vehicles are being kept in a good shape.
- Efficient management of fleet – tracking vehicle maintenance becomes an automated process with irregularities reduced to a minimum.
- Avoiding unnecessary costs – be it unexpected repair expenses, time-consuming schedules on paper or dissatisfied customers due to delays.
- Keeping drivers safe – protecting staff from car accidents caused by poor and belated maintenance.
- Easy installation – it’s quick and simple, no special knowledge or effort are needed to connect a device.
The benefits of Teltonika’s devices are appreciated by thousands of customers every day. When it comes to monitoring fleet maintenance schedules, Teltonika can offer a wide selection of devices, including FMB001 (2G), FM3001 (3G), FMC001 (4G, LTE CAT1), and FMM001 (CAT-M1). Besides delivery service, they are also perfectly suitable in rental & leasing, insurance telematics and other industries for light vehicle tracking.
Temperatūros ir drėgmės pokyčių stebėjimas, magneto bei judėjimo aptikimas su belaidžiu „Bluetooth LE“ ryšiu prijungtais išoriniais įrenginiais, tokiais kaip „Low Energy“ signalų siųstuvai ir jutikliai
Gaukite tokius standartinius OBD duomenis, kaip automobilio rida, variklio apsukos, degalų lygis ir kt.
Pateikiame transporto priemonių sąrašą su visais palaikomais gamintojų modeliais bei parametrais
Tiesiog įstatykite į OBD-II jungtį ir gaminys pradės veikti