Vehicle theft remains a growing challenge, reaching new heights in some countries. It is a major concern for fleet owners in the leasing and rental industry. Fortunately, Teltonika asset GPS trackers can help overcome this challenge and help businesses save valuable resources and avoid inconvenience.
Car theft is a real headache for fleet managers and business owners, especially those involved in leasing and car rental. According to NICB, more than 1 million cars were stolen in the US alone in 2022, reaching such a number for the first time since 2008. Fleet News provides data on increased vehicle thefts in the first half of 2022 as lockdown restrictions were lifted.
Regular vehicle trackers help to solve this concern, but they are harder to hide because they need to be connected to a power source – vehicle battery. Experienced thieves expect to find a GPS tracker and will try to locate it, so some solutions require a tracking device that can be easily hidden in different parts of the vehicle without leaving a trace, making it much more difficult for thieves to find and compromise such devices.
Finally, companies are always looking for ways to make their operations more efficient. Labour costs are usually a significant part of a company's expenses and having a tracker that doesn't need to be installed and can be placed anywhere in the vehicle would be very useful, especially in countries where labour is expensive. Fortunately, Teltonika Telematics has just the right device to meet all of these challenges.
To secure a vehicle wirelessly and reliably, we use the TAT140 asset tracker with 4G LTE connectivity. It's very easy to hide anywhere in the car, there is no need to connect any wires, and it provides accurate GNSS location tracking.
How it works - Teltonika TAT140 model can send records in a variety of ways depending on the exact project requirements:
- Movement-based periodic tracking, where can be chosen different tracking periods when the vehicle is moving and when not. So, fleet owners can choose to report more frequently when the vehicle is on the move and less frequently when it's parked to extend battery life.
- Managers can also choose to receive only movement events. In this way, the TAT140 would send separate records when the vehicle starts to move without location data (if the GNSS fix was successfully caught last time), allowing the record to be sent faster and the vehicle owner to be informed of the movement. Thus, the fleet manager would be informed and could take immediate action if the vehicle starts moving when it shouldn't.
- The third option is to use the weekly scheduler, where operators and managers can simply choose to receive records at the specified time on selected days. For example, two records on a regular day and three records per day on days when the crime rate is higher in a particular area.
Another key advantage of this solution is that the TAT140 is in Sleep mode most of the time. This means that if thieves use a signal scanner to find the tracker, they won't be able to detect it while it's in Sleep mode and won't be able to remove it. Later, the asset GPS tracker would wake up to send the periodic or scheduled record that confirms the vehicle location.
In the event of a theft, a fleet operator or manager can activate the Recovery mode of the TAT140, enabling frequent reporting and greatly increasing the chances of finding and recovering the stolen vehicle. The Recovery mode can be triggered by a simple SMS/GPRS command. Please note that the tracker would only respond to the command if it wakes up according to the periodic or scheduled tracking settings.
- Reliable car theft prevention and recovery - the TAT140 periodically reports vehicle location and enters recovery mode when required.
- Quick and easy to install - the asset tracker is wireless and runs on an internal battery, so there is no need to run any wires or mount it in a special place.
- Easy to hide - the TAT140 tracking device can be placed differently in each vehicle and has no wires so it's hard to find.
- Increased vehicle security – Teltonika TAT140 spends most of its time in Sleep mode, making it undetectable by signal scanners used by some thieves.
- Operates independently - the asset GPS tracker operates from its internal battery and is not dependent on the vehicle battery or other external factors.
Trusted by many of companies worldwide, Teltonika TAT140 provides all the necessary features for reliable, wireless, and discreet vehicle monitoring, enabling our business partners and customers to track and recover their vehicles.
Teltonika Telematics is a global leader in certified GPS vehicle and asset trackers and customised telematics solutions. With 25 years of experience, we have served customers in more than 160 countries and produced 24 million IoT devices. Our unique expertise makes us your exceptional telematics partner for IoT projects and long-term business success.
Idealiai tinkamas kaip atsarginis sekimo įrenginys – dėl kompaktiško dydžio gaminį lengva paslėpti bet kurioje transporto priemonės vietoje, o „miego“ režimas neleidžia jo aptikti vagims
Įrašų siuntimas kartą per dieną 4G LTE Cat 1 ryšiu, gaminio veikimo režimai neprisijungus prie tinklo ir baterijos taupymo scenarijai – kad galėtumėte sekti įvairius vertingus objektus
* Baterijos veikimo trukmei įtakos gali turėti įvairūs veiksniai, pvz., signalo stiprumas ir kt.
Suprogramuokite savo duomenų siuntimo scenarijus pagal stebimo objekto tipą arba pagal specialų panaudojimo atvejį
Gaudami įrašus, kai sekimo įrenginys pradeda judėti ir/arba nustoja judėti, užtikrinsite dar didesnį savo turto saugumą bei veiksmingesnį jo valdymą
Norint gauti telefono pranešimus reikalinga trečiosios šalies programėlė