Vehicle theft is one of the world’s fastest-growing crimes as thieves turn to using highly advanced equipment, e.g. jammers. By jamming GSM signals, the criminals aim to interfere with and inhibit the performance of a tracking device – its ability to monitor and gather important information. Luckily, Teltonika trackers have a functionality that can detect jamming and help prevent theft or recover a stolen vehicle.
Thieves are very organised and can steal a vehicle in seconds as statistics show all over the world. Meanwhile, police fail to recover more than half of the stolen vehicles. For criminals, it is a low-risk way of making a fortune. According to Interpol data, the illicit trafficking of vehicles generates an estimated 19 billion USD of criminal earnings worldwide every year and the number is growing.
First of all, thieves will choose those vehicles that are easy targets, e.g. can be stolen fast and without attracting attention. Speed is of the utmost importance to thieves as they risk being caught and try to get away as soon as possible. Thus, if you wish to make your vehicle less attractive to thieves, you should think about how to slow them down in the process of stealing, even a few seconds can make a difference.
Anything that forces thieves and joy-riders to spend more time will make a vehicle a much less appealing target. It is the most effective way of preventing car theft and making criminals look for another object to steal.
Teltonika FMB920 tracker is a small device that can be easily hidden in a vehicle. It is the best way to keep track of your vehicle’s whereabouts and get it back if it is stolen. Naturally, thieves will often try to find a tracker, disable it and get away with the car. Therefore, you must make sure the tracker is hidden well, so it would not be a simple task for the thieves to find and unplug it.
Thanks to Teltonika FMB920 jamming scenario, we can help to prevent theft. When GSM jamming is detected, relay can initiate one of the following actions – enable the alarm system, block the vehicle starter or lock all vehicle doors.
- Alarm system – starting sound alarm. Even though vehicles have different alarm systems, professional thieves know how to disable them and keep silent during the whole theft process. With jamming detection functionality, Teltonika tracker can help avoid theft by distracting criminals with an additional alarm connected to a tracker.
- Vehicle engine starter – blocking the possibility to start the engine. When jamming is detected, a tracker can block the vehicle engine starter and, thus, eliminate the possibility of starting the engine at all. This will certainly result in additional time for thieves to steal a vehicle or even give up the theft.
- Central lock system – locking all vehicle doors. When all vehicle doors are locked, thieves will need more effort to get into a vehicle or will not succeed in breaking in at all.
Also, tracker FMB920 has functionalities that are extremely useful when recovering a stolen vehicle – internal memory of 128MB allows it to store a big amount of data and high gain antennas sensitive enough to catch a signal even in poor conditions. Read more about the use case technicalities here.
- Easy and fast configuration – jamming scenario is enabled with just two clicks in Teltonika Configurator.
- Keeping your vehicle safe – prevent loss by detecting suspicious behaviour, activating or blocking some vehicle systems, and effectively slowing down car thieves.
- Facilitating stolen vehicle recovery – invaluable functionalities of internal memory and high gain antennas.
We recommend using Teltonika tracker FMB920, our bestselling tracker. It is small, easy to use and install, and has the functionalities to protect vehicles against theft and to recover them if stolen. Jamming detection can be used to slow down the theft process. In addition, Teltonika can offer a variety of devices suitable for this usage scenario in cases of 2G, 4G (LTE Cat1) and Cat M1 networks.
Bluetooth® LE-based wireless connection of external devices, including Low Energy beacons and sensors, to monitor temperature, humidity, magnet detection, and movement
Blocking engine remotely among the numerous available fleet control measures
Achieve efficient fuel consumption, prolong vehicle life and increase road safety with eco driving scenario
12 mm-height device can be easily fitted in the tightest spaces